Tamara Trojani an inkeeper’s daughter intended to take over her mother’s restaurant but wanted to become an artist instead and Konstantin Schenk, the celebrity-son (his father is the Austrian actor and worldfamous theatre and opera director Otto Schenk) who „had to“ become an artist – a congenial team!
Both of them derive from multicultural families throughout the former Austro-Hungarian empire. Speaking more than five languages they call the world their home and actually performed all over the globe already.
Each of them graduates from elite educations in their genre: Tamara studies at the Viennese Konservatorium and takes singing-classes under Prof. Maria Sklad (mezzo-soprano), who discovered her as a soprano – and coloratura soprano KS Ruthilde Boesch (who trained also Edita Gruberova) following further master classes in Italy.
In Italy the soprano with a 4-octave-voice becomes „La Trojani“: she marries an Italian and succeeds on the various stages within the country as well as on TV – and it is in Italy where she meets Konstantin Schenk eventually.
Which is your zodiac?”
What was your professional goal as a kid?
– “Singer, and to be as strong as my mum”
Where would you like live if you had the choice?
Your favorite holiday?
– “Pantelleria, Italy’s forgotten Island”
Your favorite place in Austria?
– “My home”
Your favorite animal?
Your favorite flower?
Your favorite dish?
– “raw sea urchins”
Your favorite drink?
– “Heavy and old red wine”
Wich painting would you like to have at home?
– “A painting of the South Sea by Gauguin”
Your favorite movie?
– “La vita è bella”
In which historical period would you like to live?
– “End of the 19th century”
Which man (woman) of the past would you have liked to meet?
– “John F. Kennedy”
Which (famous) person of our days would you like to get to know?
– “The Dalai Lama”
Which historical event would you have liked to share?
– “The Vienna World Exhibition of 1873″
With whom would you like to spend a beautiful day?
– “Caroline Princess of Monaco”
Who is your idol?
– “The Swedish singer from the 30ies Zarah Leander”
Which qualities do you like most?
– “Sincereness, sensibility, an openhearted mind”
Which qualities do you hate most?
– “Lies, stubborness, injustice”
What is you weak point?
– “I give advice without beeing asked”
What do consider to be the greatest evil?
– “To be allergic to red wine”
Which three items would you take to a desert island?
– “Photo album, mobile phone, paper & pen”
What do money and richness mean to you?
– “The end of my dreams”
What would you do if you won in the lottery?
– “squander , help friends”
– “To cook at least 12 coure menus for my friends”
What do you collect?
– “Bisquit – porcelain figures with baskets”
In which art you would love to be skilled?
– “conducting, playing violin”
How do you judge your temperament?